As the investment adviser for USQ Core Real Estate Fund (the “Fund”), Union Square Capital Partners, LLC (the “Adviser”) invests the assets of the Fund and manages their day-to-day business. We appreciate your business and the trust you have placed in us. Our privacy philosophy reflects the value of your trust. We are committed to protecting the personal data we obtain about you. On behalf of the Fund and the Adviser (collectively, “USQ”), we make the following assurance of your privacy.
Not Using Your Personal Data for our Financial Gain
USQ has never sold shareholder information to any other party, nor have we disclosed such data to any other organization, except as permitted by law. We have no plans to do so in the future. We will notify you prior to making any change in this policy.
How We Do Use Your Personal and Financial Data
We use your information primarily to complete your investment transactions. We may also use it to communicate with you about other financial products that we offer.
The Information We Collect About You
You typically provide personal information when you complete a USQ account application or when you request a transaction that involves USQ, either directly or through a brokerage firm. This information may include your:
- Name, address and phone numbers
- Social security or taxpayer identification number
- Birth date and beneficiary information (for IRA applications)
- Basic trust document information (for trusts only)
- Account balance
- Investment activity
How We Protect Your Personal Information
As emphasized above, we do not sell information about current or former shareholders or their accounts to third parties. We occasionally share such information to the extent permitted by law to complete transactions at your request, or to make you aware of related financial products that we offer. Here are the details:
- To complete certain transactions or account changes that you direct, it may be necessary to provide identifying information to companies, individuals, or groups that are not affiliated with USQ. For example, if you ask to transfer assets from another financial institution to USQ, we will need to provide certain information about you to that company to complete the transaction.
- In certain instances, we may contract with non-affiliated companies to perform services for us, such as processing orders for share purchases and repurchases and distribution of shareholder letters. Where necessary, we will disclose information about you to these third parties. In all such cases, we provide the third party with only the information necessary to carry out its assigned responsibilities (in the case of shareholder letters, only your name and address) and only for that purpose. We require these third parties to treat your private information with the same high degree of confidentiality that we do.
- Finally, we will release information about you if you direct us to do so, if we are compelled by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances (for example, to protect your account from fraud).
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information
We restrict access to your information to those USQ representatives who need to know the information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
Purchasing Shares of the Fund through Brokerage Firms
USQ shareholders may purchase their shares through brokerage firms. Please contact those firms for their own policies with respect to privacy issues.
What You Can Do
For your protection, we recommend that you do not provide your account information, user name, or password to anyone except a USQ representative as appropriate for a transaction or to set up an account. If you become aware of any suspicious activity relating to your account, please contact us immediately.
We’ll Keep You Informed